15 Military Wife Quotes
Our brave troops are able to do what they do because of the love and support they receive at home. When we at Low VA Rates say we support the troops, it means we also support those they leave behind: their husbands, wives, friends, mothers, fathers, children, and siblings. The military wife community in particular is strong and populated with some of the nation’s most exemplary patriots. Here’s a list of some of our favorite military wife quotes having to do with these brave wives and the struggles they face:
Military Wife Quotes
- “Live each day like he deploys tomorrow.” -Unknown
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -A.A. Milne
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied, outbursts of emotion, but the dedication of a lifetime.” -Adlai E. Stevenson
- “You know how people say, ‘How do you do it?’ The truth is, when you love someone, you really don’t have a choice other than to just do it.” -Unknown
- “She who waits also serves.” -Unknown (This may be a variation on the last lines of John Milton’s sonnet “When I Consider How My Light Is Spent”, which says: “They also serve who only stand and wait.”
- “Waiting is a sign of true love and patience. Anyone can say ‘I love you,’ but not everyone can wait and prove it’s true.” -Kaceem Aveiro
- “Being a military wife has made me so much more patriotic. It has made me more aware of the freedoms we have, why we have them, and the sacrifices that have been made by others so we could keep them. My goal since becoming a military wife has been to encourage other military wives, but it has also been to let people know what these families- these wonderful military families go through every day.” -Kathryn from Singing Through the Rain.
- “Being a military wife doesn’t get easier… you just get stronger.”
- “It’s hard to be the one always waiting. I mean, there’s something to be said for the hero who charges off to battle. But when you get right down to it, there’s a whole story in who’s left behind.” -Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
- “Part of military life is about saying goodbyes… Sometimes too often. But it’s also about new adventures, new places, new ‘hello’s, and welcome back kisses.” -Unknown
- “The first kiss after deployment is a joy few people have the privilege of experiencing.” -Unknown
- “Our love is deployment strong.” -Unknown
- “Military life is having a plan. Then a new plan. Then another plan. Then the first plan. Then a branch new plan only to go back to the second plan.” -Unknown
- “Deployments are proof that love knows no distance.” -Unknown
And last, but not least:
“I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens.
But, I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.
But in the military world is where I live.
I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not give or get.
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget.
I am not the one who fires a weapon, Who puts his life on the line.
But my job is just as tough, I’m the one who is always left behind.
My husband is a patriot, a brave and pride filled man.
And the call to serve his country not all can understand.
Behind the lines, I see things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do my kids and me.
I love the man I married. The military is his life.
So I pledge to support my hero and stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.”
-Unknown author, “The Silent Ranks: Tribute to the Military Wife”
Family First at Low VA Rates
We at Low VA Rates are in this business because we want to give back to veterans, service members, and their faithful, unbreakable spouses, all of whom have given so much for us. We salute you, and thank you all for your service, both at home and abroad!